Beginners to Intermediate
Assistant Coach at West Harbour, Greenhithe & Waimauku Tennis Clubs
George grew up in Auckland and began playing tennis at the age of 8-years-old, competing in all age group junior interclub tennis—including Premier Elite.
Passionate about tennis, George wants to see everyone enjoy the sport as much as he does. George’s experience playing a variety of different sports growing up is an asset to coaching with Tennis Monsters, where fairness, smiles and laughter are always guaranteed. Look out for George’s drop shot!
- High Energy
- Tennis NZ Registered Coach
- Tennis Coaching Fundamentals Course
- NZ Football Junior Level 3 Coaching Award
- NCEA Level 3 including Physical Education and Biology
- Bachelor of Communications (in progress)
- Tennis Coach since 2014 in Auckland, New Zealand
- Football coach (school holiday programmes)
- Assistant Coach at West Harbour, Greenhithe & Waimauku Tennis Clubs
- Competed in Premier Elite Tennis as a junior
More about George…
1. Why did you want to become a professional tennis coach?
To make others happy through providing them with not only a sporting skill but also social skills important to life.”
2. What do you love most about coaching tennis?
“I love seeing smiles and improvement knowing that you helped to enable that!”
3. How would you describe your coaching style?
“I always coach with high energy and enthusiasm though from a fair approach.”
4. Why are you so passionate about tennis?
“I am passionate about tennis because of the love for it I developed growing up.”
5. What is one of the most memorable tournaments you’ve played in?
“One of the most memorable tournaments I have played in is the Premier Elite interclub competition.”
6. What are some of your favourite tournament venues you’ve played at?
“Some of my favourite tournament venues I have played at include the indoor Albany Tennis Park facility.”
7. What are your favourite tennis brands?
“My favourite tennis brand is Babolat!”
8. What influences and inspires your coaching methods?
“I am always learning new things! Working with different coaches watching what their strengths are and making them my own is the biggest influence on my coaching methods.”
9. What has been your biggest lesson learned since qualifying as a professional coach that you would pass on to enthusiastic players today?
“Every cloud has a silver lining.”
10. What New Zealand personality would you like to coach at your local tennis club?
11. What are your other interests when you’re not coaching tennis?
“Outside of tennis, my other interests include football, hanging out with friends and travelling.”
12. What are your favourite places in Auckland?
- Piha when I have time at the weekend
- Starbucks for coffee
- Pita Pit to grab lunch
- Hallertau for dinner and catching up with friends
- Fit Factory for doing a workout
- The Paddington for watching the football