Tennis Monsters Coaching Mentor
Nick’s coaching career began in Auckland in 1994 and led to a successful junior coaching career in the UK. Involved in the LTA and Wimbledon Talent ID programmes, Nick has produced over 30 top 10 national juniors and multiple national champions. He has also produced multiple top 100 international ITF juniors.
Nick is also an international speaker, and most recently presented at the 2018 Australian Open Grand Slam Conference.
Passionate about enriching the lives of young junior tennis players, Nick developed a philosophy called ‘The Thinking CAP’ — Competence, Automatic, Purpose. Nick is the Community & Participation Coordinator for Tennis Northern and Tennis Auckland and the under 12 age group Development Coach Specialist.
As a Tennis Monsters Coaching Mentor, Nick provides training, coach support, technical, mental, tactical, physical knowledge, coaching, player pathways and parent support.
- Technical expertise
- Strategy and tactics
- Mental Conditioning
- Tennis NZ registered coach
- CCA Performance Coach
- CHEK Exercise Coach
- NZASM Personal Trainer
- AUT Diploma in Personal Training
- Head Performance Coach, Carisbrooke Tennis Club
- Development Coach, Parklangly Tennis Club
- Head Coach, Sutton Tennis Academy
- Head Coach, Virgin Active Chiswick Tennis Academy
- LTA Talent Identification team
- Talent scout, All England Lawn Tennis Club
- Head of Talent ID, Tennis Northern Region
- Head Coach, Hot Shots Auckland
- Community & Participation Coordinator, Tennis Northern and Tennis Auckland
- Managing two high-performance UK academies and touring with the squad
- Full-time talent scout coach at Wimbledon LTA
- International speaker at Australian Open Grand Slam Conference
- Produced multiple national age group champions and international top 100 ITF juniors